Field Engineering: A Handbook on simple construction
- Publisher: Tanganyike Government Printer Dar es Salaam
- Edition: (sixth and revised edition)
- Our classification: Reference
- Found: Peter Ayre, March 2002. Copy given to PW (Ndutu).
Another copy (Fifth Impresssion) found Addyman Books, Hay on Wye March 2007. �15. �15.00
- First Ed Jan 1936 450 copies
Sec Ed (Rev) Nov 1942 1,000 copies
Third Imp Nov 1943 500 copies
Fourth Imp May 1944 1,000 copies
Fifth Imp Jan 1948 3,000 copies
Sixth Imp (rev) Aug 1952 5,000 copies
"190pp, 38 plates, notes, index. A handbook for "those who live in isolated stations" on how to make surveys, put a roof on a house, improve a water supply or a road in E. African conditions."
"Simple buildings and civil engineering for primitive places"
Book ID 612
Longland, F. Field Engineering: A Handbook on simple construction, 1936
Page Number: Plate 6
Correction of Aneroid Barometer: Mean curve for Tanganyika Territory
Extract ID: 3441