28 March, 2024, 08:18

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

Link to Mbeya photos with names of students

Started by alec wight, 16 January, 2011, 12:15

Previous topic - Next topic

alec wight

http://picasaweb.google.com/alecw09/MbeyaSchool195455AndDarEsSalaamTanganyikaTanzania
Hopefully this link will work for those interested - a few names missing - glad to have these added.
Alec.

David Dye

bottom row second from left is Barry Nicholls I reckon. I have told him of this link so he may verify

isemonger

I was at school with Alec, the picture of the 1st hockey team I have lost, but it will turn up, in it I remember, self, Alec Wight, John Warwick, Paul Kuesterman, Barry Nicholls, Andrew Sowerby, Tony Duthie, Rudolf Mier, Tony Baker, Greenfield was there and Wallington too have just seen the pic which I have found, that is the complete list with the 2 masters
Bill

Andrew S

I'm Andrew Sowerby and was at Mbeya 1953 - 1956. I remember nearly all the names in the hockey 1st team pic (and in Rosemarie Anders list above). Especially Vasos Poupolos (?) (top right) who was a good friend. I also see: Barry Nicholls, Willi Meir, Paul Kesterman, Alec Wight, John Warwick, Anna Body. I see Barry Nicholls regularly (and, occasionally, Denton Webster) in Noosa, Australia where he and Irene live. I also met David Dye at his folks' place on the Sunshine Coast many years ago. I live in the UK but visit Australia and S Africa regularly - where most of my family now live. Amazing what one can remember after 50 years or so!

Andrew S

Ref the hockey team pic: the girl in the pic is Jane Kingdom - not Anna Boddy - and I think the LH bottom fellow is Angelos Michaelides.

Valerie Dobson

Hi Andrew,
Valereie Dobson. I was at Mbeya the same years that you were and have contacted many people through this sight,  including Alec Wight, Rosemary Anders, Rodney Clarke, plus many other friends from Kenya & Tanganyika. Alec has been great posting all those photos & I really enjoy looking at them.
I now live in Melbourne Australia and have been here since 1965. We went over to visit Kenya and Tanzania in 2010. Much changed it is, but it was a very spiritual journey for me.
  Love to hear from you sometime.
Happy Christmas
Val.Sparshott

Andrew S

Hi Valerie,
Your name rings a bell, but I can't remember your face I'm afraid. My mother - recently deceased - lived in N Tamborine Qld for many years and my brother Paul lives close by. My other brother Nick lives in Newcastle. Hence, we have a close association with Australia, although living near Bedford UK at the moment. My wife and I generally only visit Qld and NSW, but if we go to Melbourne we'll be sure to look you up. Barry, Denton and I often reminisce about Mbeya and our lives in Tanzania when we meet in Noosa.
Have a good 2013...Andrew