28 March, 2024, 08:32

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

The Slope of Kongwa Hill, by Anthony R. Edwards

Started by nTZ, 13 November, 2011, 17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

nTZ

Recommended by an ex-Kongwa girl, who said "I simply wanted to find a space to encourage ex-Kongwa-ites to read a book written by Anthony R. Edwards called, The Slope of Kongwa Hill.  ISBN 973-1-897435-65-6.  It's a great read and even a girl, (moi!) can empathise with the adventures even though ours may have been slightly less dangerous.  The general descriptions are so true to how I remember the school and its surroundings.  I went to Kongwa from 1952 or 1953, (yes I know I should be more exact but my memory is dreadful!) until Kongwa closed; its pupils moved en masse to Iringa."  Morag Cormack

Details at www.slopeofkongwahill.com/, including how to purchase it.

mike gordon

Downloaded the book from Amazon, much cheaper.
Was very glad I did, what a great read and generally very accurate.
Would recommend anyone who was at Kongwa to get it.
I must admit that I did feel a little let down. I was personally involved in some of the capers, some were my idea at the time. So I kept expecting my name to crop up, but it never did!
As to Mr Whitehead's whip, I did end up in the hospital for nearly a week from his punishment. So unlike in the book, they did have to get involved. I understood much later from my mum, that he eventually got chucked out of EA but I don't the details.