26 January, 2020, 02:42

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.  The look and feel of the forum may also change over the next few days.

Mr G C Murdoch

Started by Richard Allen, 22 December, 2009, 16:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Allen

Through both nTZ and my flickr photo website a Nigel Roberts has contacted me requesting any information on a Mr G C Murdoch who was the District or Settlement Officer based in Babati in 1959/60. Nigel hitch hiked up from South Africa with friends to climb Kilimanjaro. Mr Murdoch was particularly kind and helpful to him. The text of Nigel's message follows. A few of the regulars to this site might enjoy reading Nigel's trek northwards from SA:-

I have read some of your contributions on nTZ, and have especially enjoyed your photos on Flickr. I hitch-hiked through Tanganyika in 1959-60, and the District Officer in Babati, Mr G. C. Murdoch, was especially kind to me (see down towards the bottom of the following page on my website for full details: http://www.nigel-roberts.info/kilimanjaro-1959.htm). Do you (or any other people you may be in touch with) know if Mr Murdoch is still alive and -- if so -- how I could contact him? Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me. Nigel Roberts (Wellington, New Zealand).