16 April, 2024, 05:56

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

Mr G C Murdoch

Started by Richard Allen, 22 December, 2009, 16:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Allen

Through both nTZ and my flickr photo website a Nigel Roberts has contacted me requesting any information on a Mr G C Murdoch who was the District or Settlement Officer based in Babati in 1959/60. Nigel hitch hiked up from South Africa with friends to climb Kilimanjaro. Mr Murdoch was particularly kind and helpful to him. The text of Nigel's message follows. A few of the regulars to this site might enjoy reading Nigel's trek northwards from SA:-

I have read some of your contributions on nTZ, and have especially enjoyed your photos on Flickr. I hitch-hiked through Tanganyika in 1959-60, and the District Officer in Babati, Mr G. C. Murdoch, was especially kind to me (see down towards the bottom of the following page on my website for full details: http://www.nigel-roberts.info/kilimanjaro-1959.htm). Do you (or any other people you may be in touch with) know if Mr Murdoch is still alive and -- if so -- how I could contact him? Many thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me. Nigel Roberts (Wellington, New Zealand).