28 March, 2024, 12:04

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

Photos of Mbeya School

Started by Mark Morgan, 11 January, 2010, 19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilly

25 October, 2012, 16:47 #15 Last Edit: 25 October, 2012, 16:49 by Hilly
Barry, I've sent you an email and have decided to post the picture I took of you here too. Can you identify everyone in it? I can see Edward Halwenge, Dennis, yourself, Simon (?), and Daphne (?) leaning against the goal post. It was taken in 1963. Rob

Peter Quennell

02 February, 2019, 20:41 #16 Last Edit: 02 February, 2019, 20:48 by Peter Quennell
I remember the field hockey for sure, great game, I played it at the next school too (Gordonstoun UK), but... teams?!! That draws a blank. In the early 50s any teams were impromptu just for single games. I remember cricket too (yawn!!). Several images above hint at the considerable size of the playgrounds and in those fir forests we played super-scary night games every year. Plus the girls and boys both would swing around for hours in the unusual trees (lots of tall skinny stems, leaves only very high up) between the main hall (built in my day) and headmaster's house. More tree climbing on a huge tree down at the riverside. And not exactly sanctioned as a sport was scooping out "caves" in the furthest firs parallel to the highway.   

Barry Bousfield

Quote from: david saunders on 28 December, 2010, 06:35Hi Barry, Are u Jacks Son,currently in Botswana?  My Dad was the pilot in Chunya for WEstern Rift exploration. My brother Ken and i  both  attended Mbeya school. I remember visiting you, your sister and folks at Lake Rukwa. I remember swimming in the ponds inthe river and hippos and crocs in the lake.

Hi David, Just revisited the sight after many moons. Yep I'm Jack's son but unfortunately he died after a plane crash in 92. His plane. Of course, I remember you, your brother, your folks and your Dad's plane. I'm in Hong Kong these days and get back to Africa from time to time. Am a Grandpa 4 times over now. If you ever read this post get back to me at barry.bousfield@gmail.com. Cheers and best regards. Barry