28 March, 2024, 08:25

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

Arusha Memories

Started by mikewb, 12 August, 2009, 23:43

Previous topic - Next topic

mikewb

12 August, 2009, 23:43 Last Edit: 31 December, 2009, 20:33 by mikewb
I just love this site. How many of you can still speak Swahili? I can still remember some of it, most likley get myself out of trouble if I had too.
Just looking through some of my old pictures, I came across a picture of the Church in Arusha. I can remember as a boarder you always if you had a chance to get out of school. Does any one remember going to to Sunday school, you had to walk across the bridge down by the river and it was on the corner of I think Church Rd and the road out of Arusha to Moshi.
I don't think I liked Sunday school all that much but you got morning tea and cakes I think. I remember the grounds around the church were always magnificent with all the flowers and trees. I found a picture but not a very good one.
I will put a couple more in there, me earning my pocket money(note the uniform), me in about 65( can you guess what I am holding,that is why I used to get into trouble).
Also some pictures of our house on Haile Selassie Rd, we also lived in Church Rd road too opposite Julus Nyerere Govt House.
Mike Brown.

Ashdown

great photos Mike - I have similar from my box brownie still in good cond - need tech help from my son to put them up, hence not got round to it yet

lollyulyate

Used to love Christ Church on Sundays , at least us girls got to wear white. And as you said Mike all the flowers, i can close my eyes & still smell the flowers in the church & along with the different festivals like Harvest Festival when it was filled with friut & veggies etc!