28 March, 2024, 08:56

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

Arusha school teachers

Started by katynorthwood, 18 March, 2010, 23:06

Previous topic - Next topic

katynorthwood

My mum taught at the school in the late sixties- we lived in a flat in the school for a while, then moved out to Lyamungu near Moshi. My brother Will and me boarded at the school for a few terms then. My mum is Sally Northwood- I can remember Mrs Byatt, Mrs Kalogeris, Mr Jones, and the matrons. Was too young (5) to enjoy it, but don't think it was too bad. Vivid memories of being sent out of the dining room for refusing to eat the vile soup and baked sweet potato! Also of catching nits and having all my hair cut off; being caught talking during rest time and having to kneel down in the middle of the dormitory for what seemed like hours, but was probably only 20 minutes as punishment. Probably got off lightly as mum knew most of them!

Shaun Conner

I couldent stand the sweet potatoe either! It all came back to me as i read your comments. I think we used to have a sort of eggy bread thing too, never liked that much either! The funny thing is, no matter what we disliked about the place, when i was sent back to Prep School in the UK i hated it and soon realised it was a lot more fun at Arusha School than i had realised!

lollyulyate

Eggy bread thing Shaun was "French Toast"...yuck no wonder i cannot eat it today along with Sago pudding...we called it "Frogs eggs"!!!!!