28 March, 2024, 08:43

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

Girl Guides at Mbeya school

Started by Rosemarie Anders, 28 November, 2011, 22:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosemarie Anders

I found this picture of the guides taken in 1956 and have put some names that I can remember and question marks that I hope others can fill in. I can remember the faces very well - I think the girls either side of Fiona Silcock are sisters, susan on the left and Judith o the right but I can't remember the surname.

The other pictures are from Dodoma. One at a nativity play at the kindergarten ( I am on the far right front row standing and I think Jack Dobson is in the front somewhere and Margaret Gillett is in the front row standing second on the left.

The other photo is my 5th birthday party and I think a couple of the kids went to Mbeya later but the memory has gone.

Keep well
Rosemarie

Valerie Dobson

Hi Rosemary,
Val.Sparshott in reply to your photos. I dont see Jack Dobson on the Nativity photo. I recognise yourself, as you said where you were standing and it jogs the memory.
Very brave of you not to go for the cane when you were supposed to. Maybe a few more of us should have done that.
Shall sign off now
Best Wishes
Val.Sparshott(nee Dobson)