19 March, 2024, 06:20

News:

30 Nov 2019 We've upgraded the Forum software to the latest update, and new users should now be able to register and sign on again.

Old School Mates

Started by mikewb, 02 August, 2009, 02:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Grejs014

Ulyate Family Personal Communications
Extract Author: Bob Walker
Page Number: 504n
Extract Date: 1930-1950's
Ulyate family members that attended Arusha School

poppy

Mesage for richard Dawtrey
i read about the bus accident , and it brought back memories ,as my brother dimitri Pappadimitriou was on that bus. When my father and Mr Sossi heard about the accident they were flying over. the sossi were very dear friends of ours.

Message for Charles Kahama. Hi Charles if you are out there, salaam from your old friend poppy

poppy

Hi mikeWebster
The friend you were referring to is Robert Rugimbana. He and his brother Richard were good friends of my brother dimitri pappadimitriou. Through my brother i got to become friends with them both, and until now keep in touch with Richard.
Robert is in South Africa and Richard in Tanzania, as is my brother
Best wishes Poppy pappadimitriou

Ashdown

Sad to hear of the death of Bert Shankland, 26 January, a great hero to all of us especially on East African Safari Rally days when the duck-egg blue 404 was the iconic car to have alongside Joginder's Volvo ... ah, happy days!

Ian Steere

Hi. I was a boarder at Arusha for 6 terms in 1959-60. It seemed repressive to me, in contrast to Iringa (St M & G) which I attended in 1961-2. I have few affectionate memories of it as an institution, though I made some good friends.

The only staff I recall with clarity were the two Joneses: BL (avuncular) and HG (fearsome). BL was a good man. I remember him spending what seemed like an hour kicking a rugby ball way up in the air for 10-year-old me to catch. Either he liked to practice his punting or he saw some illusory talent in me.

Here are some of the contemporaries I remember: Brian Rayment, Peter French, Caroline Miller, Richard Howe, Mark Fourie, Michael Carter, Peter Bird, Andy Hannah, Roger Haggerty, George Legnani, William & Carol Power, James, Claire & Rosemary Goodman, Karsten & Birgit Lund, Paolo Calagna, Michael Afentakis, Stelio Stylianou, Kedagh/Richard von Roretz, Jan van Enemis, Peter Owen-Pawson. I have lost touch with all but one - but would be delighted to hear from anyone who shared those days.

sheilaaellis44

After retirement of Mr.M.Kiduma 2005,Mr.F.Nkurwa who was the Second Master took the office as the Acting Headmaster from 2005 up to 2006; then the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training, Headquarters posted the new Headmaster, i.e. Mr. Hamisi Kaniki who took the office from 2006 - to date.